Whether you choose to work remotely or work in a physical office, purchase and own a Coolpo 360 conference camera to leverage your online meetings.
Remote working has become increasingly popular over the past few years and is now commonplace in most fields of work. The digital age has made it much easier to work remotely, which is likely why so many workers are now permitted to do so. Many people who work from home do so because they need flexibility in their schedule or a lower cost of living, but others simply prefer staying in pajamas all day and being able to spend time with family instead of commuting.
Although working from home can be extremely beneficial for certain people, not everyone is a good fit for this type of job. It can have both pros and cons. Still, there are those employees who prefer to work in the office because of some benefits it brings.
Therefore, if you are thinking about taking it up as a career option, here’s everything you need to know about working from home vs working in an office.
Remote Working Statistics in 2022
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of teleworkers increased by almost 40 % from 2006 to 2016. Today, more than 4.7 million people do remote work at least half the time in the United States.
Based on the survey conducted by Upwork and Stanford University, remote workers are more productive working remotely, and their productivity has increased by 22%. The reasons that most employees answered on the survey boil down to more time for loved ones, better work-life balance, can perform physical fitness anytime they want, no commute, and less drama.
On the contrary, only 12% of the workers prefer to work on-site according to the survey conducted by Slack.
Difference of Working in the Office VS Working from Home
If you plan to work from home, you might think that it’s better than working in an office. However, that’s not always the case. When you work in an office, you meet people regularly and make friendships. You also get to interact with customers. On the other hand, when you work from home, you might not meet anyone, and you don’t get to work with customers. Working in an office can be more social than working remotely. Working remotely can be more challenging than working in an office. For example, you may not have access to colleagues for brainstorming ideas. In addition, you won’t have an office where you can meet customers. Working from home can reduce the chances that you will get promoted. Employers may not notice you because you aren’t around other workers regularly.
4 Reasons to Work from Home
1. You can set your own hours - When you work from home, you can set your own hours. You don’t have to arrive at a certain time — you can work during times that fit your schedule. Some people might enjoy having a flexible schedule and being able to set their own hours.
2. You can work in your pajamas - If you work from home, you can work in your pajamas if you want, or you can dress up if you prefer. You don’t have to worry about getting dressed up on a daily basis.
3. You can be more productive - Working from home can help you be more productive. You don’t have to deal with traffic or commuting to and from work. You also don’t have to deal with distractions, such as noise and people walking around.
4. You can save money on transportation - If you work from home, you don’t have to spend money on transportation.
4 Reasons to Work from the Office
1. You will get a lot of perks and benefits - If you work from the office, you will likely get a lot of perks. You have access to a break room where you can socialize with coworkers. You also have office resources, access to the pantry, printing, office supplies, and more!
2. You have the chance to work with other departments - If you work from the office, you can gain a better work experience with a chance of working with other departments which will surely bring out creative juices within and collaboration skills.
3. You can satisfy your level of social interaction - If you work from home, you may not get the same level of social interaction as if you worked in an office. You may not get to socialize with co-workers and make friendships.
4. You can get a lot of support from your teammates - If you work from home, you may not get the same level of support as if you worked in an office.
Which Option to Choose? (Own Coolpo 360 Conference Camera Either Way)
Now that you know the difference between working from home and working from the office, you can decide which option will be better for you. Working from home is a great option when you need more flexibility in your schedule, or if you want to avoid commute-related expenses. However, if you want to build a strong network, or want colleagues to collaborate with you, then a regular office job could be a better choice for you. Either way, Coolpo AI Huddle Pana, a 360-degree all-in-one video conferencing camera can be the best tool to have whether you’re working from home or working in the office. Coolpo’s video conference camera is innovative and reliable designed to redefine online team collaboration through AI-integrated devices and to have a better step forward towards great distance communication.
How to transition from office worker to remote worker?
Find out if your company has an online platform - If you work for a company where you can work remotely, find out if they have an online platform or website. This can make it easier for you to do your job.
Start using collaborative tools - If you work remotely, you may need to start using collaborative tools, such as Google Drive or Slack. These tools can help you stay in touch with your team members.
Find out if your company has a remote culture - If you work for a company that has a remote culture, you can transition to working remotely. Start off by helping out with projects and offering to help coworkers when you can. Over time, you can make yourself more visible and help your company see that you’re ready to work remotely.
Start working remotely part-time - If your company has a remote culture but you work in the office, you can transition to working remotely part-time. This can help your employer see that you’re ready to work remotely.
Learn how to work alone - If you work remotely, you have to learn how to work alone. You don’t have co-workers you can talk to or collaborate with. You have to learn to work alone and get things done on your own.
ConclusionWorking from home has become a popular trend as more and more people are seeking flexible work arrangements. When you work from home, you have more control over your schedule and can set your own hours. The advantages of working from home include better work-life balance, fewer distractions, greater focus, better health, and better quality of life. On the other hand, working from the office can help you build a strong network, and can also help you develop a better work-life balance. The choice is ultimately up to you, but you should carefully consider your options before making a decision.
Of course, this new trend does not solely up to workers alone, employers should also go through with deep and rational decision making whether to embrace the trend or stay on the traditional norm of working. With this, it’ll help your employees to work more efficiently and effectively that will lead to the success of your business eventually. By investing in a 360 conference camera, you’ll be able to maximize your working experience whether remote or at the office.